Further reading: The cupbearer and the baker: Genesis 40:1-23.
Indigenous: Pandanus nuts were used as weapons and thrown at the enemy.
Joseph: Joseph used spiritual weapons during times of rejection.
1. The helmet of salvation protected his mind when he could of become bitter.
2. The girdle of truth helped him to stand by the truth when falsely accused.
3. The shoes of the gospel of peace – he wore peace in every trial.
4. The sword of the spirit. The word of God taught him forgiveness.
5. The breastplate of righteousness. Joseph refused the advances of Potiphar’s wife.
6. The shield
of Faith. Joseph had faith to believe the dreams God gave him.
Questions: Do you continually put on the full armour of God? (Ephesians 6:10- 18.)
Prayer: Dear God, please help me to recognize that I do not fight against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities. Lord, I put on your full armour so that I can withstand the attacks of the evil one.