Further reading: God intends it for good: Genesis 50
Pandanus : The pandanus plant has many medicinal properties:
· The core of the trunk is used for diarrhoea, stomach pain, mouth sores, toothache, headaches and flu.
· The soft leaf base contains carbohydrates and is chewed for sore throat, mouth and tongue infections.
· The white leaf stem base is boiled and used as a wash or eyewash.
· Prop roots are used as an external wash to treat scabies and fevers.
· The seeds are oily and contain protein.
· The white cabbage is used to make a green dye and antiseptic packing for wounds.
Indigenous: The Indigenous people have recognized the health benefits of bush medicine for centuries.
Joseph: Joseph allowed God to heal him from the harm intended for evil against his life and God turned it for good.
Questions: Do you need healing from injustices?
Prayer: Lord, please heal me and turn my life around for good, so that I can become a channel of healing for others.
We have been reading the Bible with the team at
Ganggalah Church. Tomorrow we begin a new series, “Wise Like Christ”, with Matt Brain.